Wednesday 7 September 2022

Bikepacking - Santander

Day # 70 State of Legs :-)

Distance (miles) Distance (km) Ascent (feet) Ascent (metres) Punctures
Today 0 miles km 0 feet metres 0
Trip Totals 2679 miles km 120232 feet metres 0


Today's Route
No cycling of the route today
Route So Far

Travelogue

I waved an adios to my wife today as she left for the airport on the bus, caught just around the corner from the apartment. She's flying home and I'm catching a ferry with The Mule tomorrow.

In preparation for the possible trauma of navigating another busy port, I walked to the port entrance just to make sure I could find it, following the textual directions from the Brittany Ferries website and to see how cycling-friendly it was. Happily, the port entrance is not far from the apartment and there's a cycle path from the end of the road, all the way to the port entrance itself. So, it all seems straightforward enough. Fingers crossed and so on!

I've received a text message from Brittany Ferries which in summary seems to say "We're very short-staffed so some facilities like the restaurant won't necessarily be open" or something! So, I've also bought food I can take on board. I have no desire to hang out in the communal areas anyway. It's a long, overnight crossing and I have a cabin so I'll stay in there and get as much sleep as I can. My first day of cycling in England looks like it will be a physically demanding one, so it's best to be as prepared as possible.

And that's it for today. It's now officially a rest day. I'll make some calls to English campsites and try to make some bookings but otherwise I shall be relaxing.

The Santander port entrance

  

No comments:

Post a Comment