Thursday 30 June 2022

Bikepacking - Banstead to Flimwell

Day # 01 State of Legs :-)

Distance (miles) Distance (km) Ascent (feet) Ascent (metres) Punctures
Today 45 miles km 2457 feet metres 0
Trip Totals 45 miles km 2457 feet metres 0


Today's Route Route So Far





Travelogue

Day 1! It's hard to believe that after so much planning and so much waiting, I finally set off on my European bikepacking trip! I'm still in England but I've started. Today's ride took me from home in Banstead to near a village in Kent called Flimwell. The ride was (happily) uneventful and my legs did OK despite the bike being REALLY, REALLY HEAVY! I may mention that the bike is heavy from time to time. You have been warned.

I'm staying at a very nice, quiet campsite and have pitched my tent, had a hot shower and eaten a late lunch. I did lots of research into nutrition in places like ultra-marathon web sites to prepare for this trip. And I've ignored everything I learned! So far today I've eaten 2 x Reese's peanut butter cups, a pot of houmous and a load of tortilla chips. Yum. Later there will be sandwiches. I know. Living the culinary dream!

Here are a few photos from today

The touring MTB, loaded up and parked in the hall at home ready to go!

Off I go!

On Farthing Downs this morning, only 5 miles from home but already in the countryside

A country lane

Entering Royal Tunbridge Wells, about 35 miles into the ride

Tent up at Cedar Gables Campsite

The Travelling Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment