Friday 27 October 2023

Bikepacking in 1897

 A friend shared a "Guide for Cyclists and Motorcyclists" from 1897. It's entertaining and maybe even informative to compare its recommendations with the packing list for my 2022 solo trip around Europe. Maybe we can all learn something from this little piece of bikepacking history. Maybe, just maybe I'll remember to pack some Sperm Oil for my next trip. Don't know how I managed without it to be honest!

That said, I don't see any possibility of me ever taking a revolver. And for my European friends, I do assure you that I have no particular expectation of encountering footpads or brigands, no more so than in Britain anyway!

And..... I think gold coins are probably a bit on the heavy side, so I'll skip that recommendation too :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment