Thursday 11 August 2022

Bikepacking - Rest day in Eaux-Bonnes

Day # 43 State of Legs :-)

Distance (miles) Distance (km) Ascent (feet) Ascent (metres) Punctures
Today 0 miles km 0 feet metres 0
Trip Totals 1958 miles km 79210 feet metres 0


Today's Route
No cycling today
Route So Far

Travelogue

Today is a rest day because tomorrow I'm cycling up Col du Pourtalet and over the Pyrenees into Spain.

There's not much to report, therefore. I've given The Mule a superficial wash. I've more thoroughly cleaned the chain and lubricated it. And much of the rest of the time (or so it's felt), I've been trying to sort out my first accommodation in Spain. And it's proving very difficult indeed. Some campsites have responded to say they are fully booked. Some have not responded. Those I've called have automated systems entirely in Spanish. The one human I spoke to could not speak English at all and I am next to useless when it comes to Spanish. The best option I have so far is a campsite in Biescas which operates a first come, first served policy. So I intend to cycle there and hope for the best. If that fails, I'll carry on to the larger town of Sabiñánigo and see if I can find a room somewhere.

Looking further ahead in the route, campsites look a little thin on the ground. This part of Spain (south of the Pyrenees) could be a challenge, it seems. My fallback option if all else fails is of course wild camping, but I'm certain that's not the easy option it may sound.

 Fingers crossed, it will all work out on the day :-)

Tomorrow's route from the Spanish border, south


No comments:

Post a Comment