Sunday 17 July 2022

Bikepacking - Rest day in Milano

Day # 18 State of Legs :-)

Distance (miles) Distance (km) Ascent (feet) Ascent (metres) Punctures
Today 0 miles km 0 feet metres 0
Trip Totals 843 miles km 36166 feet metres 0

Travelogue

The last four days have been amazing but undeniably, physically hard. I crossed the Swiss Alps on a really heavy bike for goodness sake (have I mentioned that the bike's heavy?). And then I did 93 miles yesterday on a really hot day. I need to give my legs a break so I'm staying here at the Milano campsite for 2 nights and will resume tomorrow.

There are plenty of things to do. Update the blog. Clean the bike and especially its chain which needs lubricating (I could hear hints of a slight squeak yesterday!). And review the route and decide where to go next and arrange accommodation.

On that latter point, I'm going to try to limit myself to 50 miles a day for a while. I want to try to finish cycling by lunchtime before the heat gets too much. It's forecast that later this week the temperature will be 41 degrees Celsius which is insane!

Of course planning my days like this may be easier said than done. There are no campsites that I can see between here and Torino so I think I'll look for an AirBnb somewhere along the way. Where exactly, I do not yet know!

I've already hand-washed my clothes and they're on the washing line drying. If nothing else that should have rinsed the sweat out! I'll do a proper wash the next time I have access to a washing machine.



And there's a trip to the Co-op to do to get provisions.

And a book to read.

Never a dull moment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment